Gems Therapy – a combination of radiant beauty and auspicious power
Gems have a significant place in Hindu mythology. "Navratna" – is a Sanskrit word which means "nine gems ". The 9 gems are – Blue sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Yellow Sapphire, Diamond/White sapphire, Gomed, Cats eye and Pearl. It is written in Puranas that "Pure, flawless gems have auspicious powers which can protect one from demons, diseases, sinful reactions and other dangers, while flawed stones have the opposite effect."
As most of us know, color is light and energy. Evidence of color therapy dates thousands of years back to the ancient cultures of Egypt, China and India. The energy relating to colors resonates with the energy of the body. Thus good health and wellbeing is achieved by a balance of all these energies.While it is common knowledge that light enters through our eyes, it's important to note that light can also enter through our skin. This is why people are suggested certain colored gems to wear.
Some of the reasons why you should opt for gems therapy are :
- Specific relation to the planet :Each gem is related to it and the person who is wearing it. Jewelry made out of these gems, has important cultural significance not only in Hinduism but among other religions as well.
- Sacred and powerful : The Navratnasare recognized as sacred and believed to hold great powers. Apart from India, there are a number of other countries and civilizations where these gems are considered sacred, regardless of religious and cultural differences.
- Astrological balance and benefit : According to Hindu astrology, life on earth is influenced by the nine grahas or nine influencers. The placement of the Navagrahas in one's horoscope supposedly has an influence throughout an individual's life. Wearing the gems believed to provide an astrological balance and benefit to the wearer. These gems balance the energy which may be missing in the cosmic aliment of individual, either due to the karmic system or the aura.
Hindu astrology also says that these gems may have latent positive or negative influences on human life, and that astrological gems should be worn only after consulting a Vedic astrologer, who is well conversed with gems. Based on an individual's sidereal we provide either a single gem or a combination of compatible gems. We advise our clients to wear these gems in order to harness beneficial planets or counteract harmful planets.
There is a specific way to wear gems, and we suggest the correct gem wearing procedure. Certain factors to be kept in mind while wearing gems are:
- Gems must be a certain number carat weight
- Must touch the skin
- Small gems don't work
- Gems should be selected for harmful planets and for favorable planets
- Minor flawed gems are acceptable
- A cultured pearl is a real pearl
- Heat-enhanced gems have no powers
- Donating gems is beneficial
- Gems must be set in certain metals otherwise they're "powerless" etc.
It is mentioned in Agni Puranam that "A gem, free from all impurities and radiating its characteristic internal luster, should be looked upon as an escort of good luck; a gem which is cracked, fissured, devoid of luster, or appearing rough or sandy, should not be used at all."This is why, we get the gems certified.
At ShubhAstro World :
- We select the Gem stone on the basis of weight, color, quality, cut, clarity and it should be flawless as per the Ratna dosh described in shastras.
- Correct Metals to be used.
- We get the gems certified from authorities like GIA, AIG and IGA.
- We get your gems embedded in the metals as per the Astrological purpose.
- We suggest the gems wearing procedure and get the pooja done by pandit.